What is an Ionic Foot Cleanse?
Because of our poor diet, high stress, environmental pollutants and disease, we tend to accumulate and store excessive waste products. The ionic detox is a gentle and effective way to detoxify, cleanse and balance the body by drawing the impurities out of the body through the feet.
Detoxing is widely used to increase energy, vitality; purge toxins such as chemicals, radiation, pollutions, synthetics and other foreign material trapped in the tissue layers that have clogged up the body’s systems of elimination. Testimonials from clients have reported helping the body in parasite cleansing; liver detoxification which result in less body fluid retention; aid in healing of bruises; improving memory; improve bladder control; improve circulation; yeast infection; pain relief including headaches, gout and arthritic pain, reduce glucose (sugars), triglycerides, and bad cholesterol. The natural forces at work in the ionic foot bath are gentle on the body’s systems and can be used with confidence with most health regimens. As your feet soak in the ionic foot bath, your body will undergo an amazing cleansing of years’ worth of stored toxins. You will immediately feel more energized and will very likely have your best night of sleep in years.
How does it work?
The Ionic Cleanse treatment works by osmosis. The array goes into the water with the feet and the control unit delivers a current to the array. This causes the metals within the array and minerals within the water to generate positively and negatively charged ions. Everything in your body has either a negative or positive charge. When the unit is in a negative ion mode, it attracts positively charged contaminants (like a magnet) and pulls them through the soles of your feet. The sole of the foot is very accessible. You have over 2,000 pores on each foot and they tend to be larger pores making them easier to release toxins. (It’s because of the large number of pores that we use the sole of the foot to get essential oils into your system.) Your cells are then energized by the ions, stimulating the release of toxins, oils, acids, fats, heavy metals, yeast, cellular debris and waste that have accumulated over your lifetime. The body can also eliminate parasites, pinworms, uric acid, and various colored mucous; even drawing massive amounts of nicotine from the tissue and joints of people that have quit smoking even several years ago. Ionic body cleanse is an innovative technique for facilitating detox and drainage while simultaneously fostering healthy pH changes in the body.
Some of the benefits of ionic cleansing include:
- Improved cellular function
- Removing unwanted toxins
- Balancing the body’s pH and electrical energy
- Improving function of the organ systems
- Improving muscle strength
- Increasing range of motion
- Neutralizing free radicals
- Decreasing pain
- More energy
- Improve circulation
How is this possible?
The lifespan and health of human are determined by the amount and quality of electrons found in the body. A healthy person should contain 80% negative electrons and 20% positive electrons. If fact, we are living in a world contaminated with harmful substances that threaten our health by affecting the magnetic field in our bodies, which are crucial to the health of the human body. The World Health Organization estimates that the average American is exposed to 2.2 million toxins per day. When the electrons encounter physical reactions in the atmosphere, they become positively charged ions, and an excessive accumulation of toxins in the body results. By balancing the electrons in the body, the ion cleanse foot spa can enhance the natural healing power of the body. Clients with specific health concerns have reported immediate relief from migraines, fatigue, neck pain, toxemia, yeast infection, and work or sport related injuries. The ionic detox is also known to increase circulation, prevent and reduce swelling, aid in the healing of bruises, strengthen the endocrine system, and help to improve the function of the heart, liver, and pancreas.
Based upon Eastern medicine and yoga philosophy the human body is made up of 7 chakras that run up the center of our bodies and align with many of the glands and systems of the body and bundles of spinal nerves. All around the 7 chakras are 1000s of subtle energy points called nadis. Many people are familiar with nadis from acupuncture. Nadis are some of the pressure points that are used in acupuncture. In respect to the detox these are all places in the body where we store energy positive and negative that the foot detox can influence and cleanse. We also know from reflexology that points on our feet map to the various organs and areas of the body, which is another reason that detoxing through the feet makes a lot of sense.
How often do I do it?
It is recommended that 2 times a week for 7 weeks for a full detox. As with most alternative therapies, it is believed that it is good to give the body a rest and let it completely balance out without external stimuli for a period of 1-2weeks. If you are still pulling a large amount of toxins, then you can do another full detox of 2 times per week for 7 weeks. Everyone is unique and each person will have to adjust to his or her own body’s needs. This is also affected by how many toxins are you exposed to. How well do you eat? Are you under a lot of stress? Do you work in a toxic environment? Etc.
Frequently asked questions!
What can I expect to feel during and after the footbath session?
- Often a gentle tingling sensation can be felt during the footbath. Some people report that they have “sandy” feeling on the soles of their feet.
- After the footbath it is typical to feel relaxed and have heightened mental clarity and greater sense of well being.
- Some find that they sleep better while many people that are experiencing chronic joint and muscle pain report immediate relief.
- It is also possible to feel negative effects of detoxification.
- It is widely accepted that persons doing a detox may experience headache or flu like symptoms if detoxing too aggressively. This is like any other body work that a person has done.
- The goal is to not detox too rapidly so that you avoid these symptoms.
- Compared to other detox methods, an ionic foot detox generally works well with the body and does not usually produce negative effects.
What are the bubbles that come from the array?
Why does the water color change?
- It is due to the interaction of the metals from the array, sea salt, minerals and impurities contained in the water along with the individuals contribution, creating an ionic field with the water.
- The water will change color regardless of whether you have an individual’s feet in the water or not, because of the metallurgic reaction to the array and the polarization of the solids and minerals in the water. HOWEVER, there will normally be 2-20 times the cellular debris within the water when the session is combined with an individual. The colors will also be dramatically different from person to person depending on where they have the toxins stored. Is there a reason it always starts with the yellow orange color?
- The yellow orange color signifies that the machine is pulling from the joints. If you think about the number of joints in the toes, ankles, and knees that are closest to the array, logically it makes sense.
What is the gray belt for?
What is the wrist strap for?
Should I remove my jewelry?
Can I use the foot detox while taking prescription drugs?
Is it safe for people who have metal plates in their body?
Why do some people feel tired after a session?
Why is the body pH so important?
- If you have a health problem, most likely you are acidic.
- Disease can only grab hold in an acid environment.
- Research shows that unless the body’s pH level is slightly alkaline, the body cannot heal itself.
- If your body’s pH is not balance, you cannot effectively assimilate vitamins, minerals and food supplements. Your body’s pH affects everything.
Why does it look like the toxins are coming from the array?
Why is it important to Detoxify?
- Look for ways to improve your intake of nutritional whole foods Consider identifying and eliminating foods that you may be sensitive to.
- Explore ways to improve digestion such as eating habits, menus and digestive supplements.
- Examine common household exposure to potentially hazardous substances.
- Address possible chronic infections including intestinal dysbiosis from yeast (Candida), parasites, and bacteria as well as viruses and Lyme disease.
- Make lifestyle changes to reduce stress.
- Consider complementary alternative therapies such as aromatherapy, massage, acupuncture, and yoga.
- Get a water purification system and drink more water. The 8-8oz. glass a day suggestion is a good place to start.
- Add a good quality trace mineral supplement to your diet.
- Try to reduce stress or at the minimum, address the stress issue(s).
- Get clinical guidance for an effective and safe detoxification program.
Modern medicine has made great technological advances since the 20 century.
Technology has also produced an exponential amount of new problems.
Instead of trying to put a band aid on a warning sign, holistic medicine and cleansing address the root cause.
Modern medicine certainly has its place in the emergency room but much more attention needs to be given to cleaning up the long term cumulative damage and preventing it from continuing.
Without proper detoxification and the maintenance of a clean environment, we are committing ourselves to perpetuating the cycle of creating new disease and illness and their “cures”.